My Experiences with Shirdi Baba

This is just to share my experiences with Shirdi Sai Baba. His ways are unique, His love is unmatched.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Nothing special and specific.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Getting Permission to visit Chennai

I started to Chennai last thursday evening. I was on leave from 15th to 22nd of this month. So I was in a fix whether to visit Chennai for Gurupurnima or start immediately. I read that one should tie the thread on thursday and fridays only. So I decided to start that thursday itself. My left foot is not good and is swelling with blood and pus. I wanted to go at any cost if Baba permit me. Earlier I couldn't go as I didn't get the tickets. This time I started asking HIM in NET and also I asked my parents to ask HIM. But somehow we didn't get correct answer. I then mailed to one of my friends who is in Singapore and asked her to open Satcharita for me about the trip. I thought that if I get some positive reply, then I will move on. If I get the tickets then it is an indication for your consent. She mailed me that she get the page where Baba gives permission to Mereekar and ask him to take Shama along with him. I thought who would be the shama in my case. Anyway as my mother and father are not feeling well, they decided to send my brother along with me. But they are very unhappy with my impulsive decisions. They asked me to wait as my foot is also not good and said that to go leisurely. They said they also will accompany me by getting reservation for Gurupurnima. My dad asked me to wait for one day atleast so that he can accompany me. (Because me and my brother both are new to Chennai and we do not have any relatives there. I decided to go to a NET friend's house). My mother said that the tithi is 'ashtami' and it is not good t o start. I just replied them like what to hesitate if baba has given me permission and if I get the tickets it is itself the evidence that he has given it. So my parents kept quiet. I rang to my colleague and asked him to find out if the tickets are available. This time he booked the tickets for us. (Ofcourse with double cost. I could get tickets only in AC bus).
Thus I started for Chennai though my parents and brother are not willing. Anyways my mother also asked me to visit Mel Maruvattur. I went to an office where I worked previously and still associated with (as the bus stop is near by). Sir told me that if I can say before hand, he would have arranged a nice trip for me because he has many good friends there. He then rang to one of his friends and let me talk with HIM. He asked him to take very good care of me as I do not know chennai well.

With all this, I am slowly sinking. Deep in my heart I begin to feel like am I doing anything wrong by starting hurriedly. Should I need to slow down and should correct myself from taking impulsive decisions. Anyway I just shed off all those thoughts assuring myself like 'come what may, I am anxious to visit sai puram and baba also has given me permission. why should I worry unnecessarily'. The thing is it was very cold and I am usually avert to chill weather. We forgot the sweater and blanket etc., Anyhow I thought like 'Ok. I completely surrender to you. If this is the punishment for not being able to wait, it is ok'. Then the bus people begin to give a small card having baba's photo on it. I am surprised. Then I became very happy. 'Ok. I have your permission. You are travelling with me. Thank you'. Then I grow stronger and all my sad thoughts disappeared. Why not, when baba is with me, why should I fear :)) Then I began to talk to HIM like 'Baba, I know it is not possible and not good to ask but can you give me blanket too as I am feeling very cold and shivering'. I have been asking HIM as such but I thought how can baba give even if HE wishes so for who will give me the blanket in the bus full of unknown passengers. I also felt like it is greediness to ask Baba for a blanket for HE gave permission to visit Saipuram and also HE himself is travelling with me and it is enough.

I took my brother's shirt from the bag and also covered myself with dupatta. Still I am feeling very cold and shivering. Then all of a sudden bus people began to give blankets. (As it is an AC bus it is customary for them to give. As I never travelled in the AC bus I didn't know about that). One has to imagine my feelings when I get the blanket. It is really unexplainable. I rang to my mother and informed them what had happened. I rang two times, first to inform that baba is coming with me and then about the blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home