My Experiences with Shirdi Baba

This is just to share my experiences with Shirdi Sai Baba. His ways are unique, His love is unmatched.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Nothing special and specific.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How the place, Vani, came into picture!

As our trip was scheduled for 3 days, I thought of going to Pandarpur. My mother likes the place a lot and me too. Also it has been a long time (2 years) since we visited Pandarpur. We boarded in 'Hotel Sachin' run by Sri Kumaraswamy, a resident of nellore. He asked us to stay in that hotel when we went to meet him in our previous trip to shirdi. He was not there but his people there provided us the room and all as we informed them before hand. When I enquired them about pandarpur they said it was almost 16 hr journey to and fro. So we gave up the idea and decided to stay back in shirdi itself.

While on the queue to Samadhi Mandir my mother spoke to one gentleman and he said that he is a telugu guy and he has been residing in Nasik for the last 23 yrs with his family. He then spoke of Vani and said that it is a 2 hr journey from Trayambak and she is a powerful goddess and there would be festivities during Vijayadasami. Then I felt happy. I always wished to visit the places mentioned in Sai Leelamrutam. So I thought of going to Vani. It was as if baba is saying through him to go to Vani.

When we went to hotel I enquired them and they rang to the taxi person and they said that very few people ask for Vani and they have to bring a vehicle only for us for the trip and it would cost Rs. 1600 to and fro (Vani, Trayambak and Panchavati). First my dad and my brother decided to stay at shirdi only. So we told him that we will ask my father and will inform him whether we go or not.

At the same time, the cook there told that she has been to Vani many times and it would be like Tirumala on seven hills and we have to walk 750 steps to reach the temple after reaching the top hill. Then my heart was sinked with disappointment as both my mother's friend and my dad have arthritis problem and they may cancel the trip. My dad denied to visit vani and he said that he would stay back. Only my brother agreed to come along with us. But the next day morning somehow my dad too changed his mind and we embarked on the journey.

The hotel people are so considerate that they offered the empty room(as the rooms are vacant. Shirdi too is normal without much crowd.) to have our bath quickly. The van came late and we started at 7 am instead of 6 am. The driver is a telugu guy only. I am also happy that we are visiting Trayambak (I like this temple too a lot for the architecture. Two eyes are not enough to see the beauty of it). I am also happy that I am going to see two new places Vani and Panchavati. In my earlier trips (on tourist bus) they didn't show us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home