My Experiences with Shirdi Baba

This is just to share my experiences with Shirdi Sai Baba. His ways are unique, His love is unmatched.

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

Nothing special and specific.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Visiting Vani - Saptasringi goddess' abode

We started by 7 am at Shirdi and reached Vani by 11 am. The temple is on seven hills like the lord Venkateswara. The condition of road is good and also the way is full of greenery. I could see many flowery crops(Bamti Poolu) and grape gardens.

The ghat road on the hills is not so curvy. Even the climate is sunny. I haven't seen the picture of Saptasringi Devi until the vehicle was parked at a shop. There are many shops that sell different pooja items. We can offer Rupas (the forms of hands, legs and different organs of body), coconut, saree, bangles, flowers, incense sticks and camphor. The sarees are also of different measurements viz., 5 gajas, 6 gajas etc., But the sarees of length 12 gajas can only be decorated to goddess. A basket of pooja items - a coconut, incense sticks, camphor and flowers costs Rs. 31. If 5 gajas saree is added, it costs Rs. 101. If 6 gajas saree is added, it costs Rs. 125. That is about the cost of the pooja items.

From this place (atop seventh hill), there are approximately 750 steps. The steps are somewhat stoop and slope like. I too feared a lot to climb them. I climbed each step by chanting baba's name. I was the first one to reach the sanctum sanctorum. The Darshan was wonderful. The goddess is so beautiful and she is decorated wonderfully. The idol is 8 ft. tall and she is smeared with Sindhoor and was tied a Silk Saree (Pattucheera). There are many idols of Lord Ganapati beside the steps on the way to the temple. There are also the idols of Lord Hanuman smeared with Sindhoor. Also present were Lord Rama with Sita, Laxmana and Hanuman. One can also see many monkeys as one climbs the steps.

My mother and her friend stopped half-way. I went to the main temple and offered the pooja items of ours and also aunty's to the priests there. One has to see the beauty of the goddess' idol. It is really wonderful and decorated well. Though the eyes are big, she looks cool but not as 'Ugra Roopini'. We also can find 'Padukas' there and we can touch the padukas as we cannot touch the idol which is at a distance to us. One priest will keep Sindhoor on devotees' foreheads.

Heart in heart I wished they(my father, mother and aunty) too come and offer prayers. Slowly my brother, my father, then my mother and her friend too came. They are all very happy that they could climb the steps and could take darshan successfully. I thought of doing archana but as my father couldn't sit (due to Rheumatism - Knee pain), I paid money and requested the archana to be done on Diwali day.

On return journey we feel a sense of strength in us and we were very much rejuvenated. We all understood that it is the result of the darshan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The writer of saigrace.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: Good music was made (and continues to be made) in every decade and people who claim otherwise, tend to have stopped listening to music in whatever decade they say was the best I will be back.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home